Weekend Warrior Program
Well, you’re in luck! Wild Spirit offers our Weekend Warrior Program to folks who may just have a couple of days to a single week to lend a hand around the Sanctuary, helping us provide the best care to our rescues. The Weekend Warrior Volunteer Vacation is also a great opportunity to give back to the animals you adore.
Come fall in love with the Land of Enchantment and the amazing rescues of Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary!
Weekend Warrior projects often include: landscaping, meal preparation for our rescues, building and maintenance projects, campground clean-up, and assisting the Team with our outreach events. Of course, if you have particular skills you would love to offer, please let us know! There may just be a project perfectly suited to your capabilities.
Before you submit the Weekend Warrior Form, please review the important information below to learn about volunteer life at Wild Spirit and what you can expect from your short stay. Once you have finished and you are still eager to apply, please fill out the form on this page.
Weekend Warrior Forms are accepted on a rolling basis.
Please note that sending in the Weekend Warrior Form DOES NOT guarantee the requested date(s) or project(s). As soon as one of our Wild Spirit Team is able, they will contact you directly to verify details and to ask any necessary questions.
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you are venturing out for more than a day-trip, we have a primitive campground (with access to potable water and a shower) that you will be welcome to utilize for free! Depending on availability, we may have something more substantial for you to stay in, as well, but due to a limitation on resources this cannot be guaranteed at this time.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
• Due to safety and liability concerns, we request that all applicants be 21 years of age or older. Younger applicants, therefore, must be accompanied by someone 21 years or older throughout the Weekend Warrior Program.
• There is no drug or alcohol use permitted on Sanctuary property, including the courtyard, lower compound, and anywhere by the habitats.
• Animal interaction is a privilege and not a right granted to volunteers only after extensive training. Interacting with animals without express permission will result in immediate dismissal.
• We are very rural! This means that there are no nearby restaurants, convenience stores, or entertainment facilities, such as a movie theater. The nearest location to get minimal groceries, supplies, or gas is a 15-minute drive away, and there are several miles of dirt road between Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary and the pavement.
• If you are coming out to volunteer your time, we highly recommend you bring a packed lunch, a full tank of gas and, if the weather demands it, a four-wheel drive vehicle. The mud out here is exceptional.
• Depending on the available projects, be prepared to work collaboratively as part of a team, whether that includes fellow volunteers or Wild Spirit members. For solo projects, a Wild Spirit Team Leader will provide you with the necessary tools and clear instructions before you will be left to complete the project to the best of your own ability.
If you prefer working alone or with a team, please let us know on your Weekend Warrior Form. Perhaps you work best when not being constantly supervised? Let us know that, too!
For any questions or concerns, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in making this a regular thing? That’s wonderful! Please let us know on the Weekend Warrior Form how often you would like to volunteer, expected dates, and any other pertinent details. Please note that we may require an interview before committing to more than one or two visits.