2021 Art Pack April
Our Second Annual Celebration of Art and Artists!
Our founder, the late Jacque Evans, was an artist herself, and in honor of her, we launched the Art Pack April contest in 2020.
Art Pack April is our way of encouraging creativity and engaging with the public by providing four weekly prompts to stimulate imagination. The contest is open to all types of two-dimensional media, and people of any age or level of experience are encouraged to participate each week.
HOW IT WORKS Take a look at the weekly prompts, below, and create art for one or more of the themes. Let your creativity take you wherever you allow it to go! During the dates of a particular prompt, post your artwork to your Facebook or Instagram account, and include the hashtag #ArtPackApril. Be sure to make your tagged post public so we can see it!
At the end of each weekly submission period, the Wild Spirit team will review all of the “entries” and we’ll select a winner, and a runner-up.
Winning submissions will be featured on our web site, social media platforms, and published in our quarterly magazine, The Howling Reporter.
RULES OF PARTICIPATION
– The work must be appropriate for all ages.
– Use any media you like, traditional or digital, as long as you can share it to your social media!
– The work should have been created during the weekly prompt period, though if you’ve already created something that fits the prompt’s theme, we’d love to see it! The goal is to give you something fun to create during the contest, but maybe you had a vision beforehand! 🙂
– The person sharing the work must be the creator of the work and own exclusive rights to that work, though guardians of young artists may share the work on the child’s behalf.
– Each participant may “submit” multiple entries each week, however, each participant can only be selected as the weekly winner twice, but may be runner-up multiple times.
– By using the hashtag #ArtPackApril you are agreeing to allow us to share your work on social media and our web site. We credit each artist, and you maintain the copyright.
Artist Mary Waterloo Smith, one of the contest winners from 2020 (you can view the 2020 winners here), created amazing, whimsical wolves for the week 4 challenge, Full Moon that made a huge impact on the Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary team.
We loved those wolves so much, we asked Mary if she would create a winter scene for the cover of our greeting cards. She happily agreed and donated her work, as well as the full-size original piece! You can see more of Mary’s work on her Etsy store, RedHotKitties.
You can purchase greeting cards with Mary’s wonderful design, “A Cozy Winter’s Night”, from our online Gift Shop.